Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Mermaid Christmas

Good morning, everyone! It's Cassie here, and I've got a cute and fun card for you today! It's not a traditional holiday scene, but I think it's a fun one.
There aren't many steps to this card, as it's a one layer card, but the fun is in the coloring. I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from some Neenah Solar White cardstock. Next I stamped all of the images you see here, from the Best Finfriends, as well as the sentiment from the Cardinal Greetings.
I drew in a line for the sand, and started coloring! I used my Copics to color in all of the little images. It didn't take long at all. The toughest part for my was the hair, but even that went pretty smooth. Once everything was colored in I took my Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and blended color into the background so that I didn't have to color the entire background with my markers.
I wanted to add some snow to the scene, even though they are technically underwater. I used my white gel pen to add little snowflakes to the scene, and that was it! I hope you enjoyed this card for today! I'll see you again soon with another one!

1 comment:

  1. The Christmas mermaid looks cute. Great work Cassie. Keep trying new ideas and share some new cards soon. Thanks for the share. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete